Monday, October 20, 2008

Getting Away While Not Away

Today I had a bad day and so it made me want to get away from it all. That made me think about getting away when I can't get away. As my mortgage company is one of the few left in the country that's still solvent, I can't just up and leave my job to crash-land on some crazy island or run away from my family and go back to my original identity. Never fear for my mental health! I have a happy place I go to when I'm feeling down...


Yes, nothing can take me away from all my worries like $2.19 worth of chocolate frozen custard. Eaten in the parking lot. Usually before I've pulled away from the drive-through window. That way I can dispose of the evidence before I get home. It's like the calories never really happened. Right?

Did I mention that I've recently had to start shopping for new pants? (They look better on her than they do on me.)

No comments: