Friday, July 23, 2010

Seeking Solace...

I used to be a firm believer that I just needed to get through things, now I am a proponent of ice cream. So here are my five favorite ice cream flavors for when I need to go to my happy place:

5. Edy's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. For someone who loves to bake, that this one makes an appearance shouldn't be surprising. This one seems to have just the right balance of vanilla ice cream, cookie dough and chocolate chips.

4. Bryer's Chocolate. It's simple. It's not too chocolatey. It's creamy. Why mess up a good thing?

3. Oberwies Mint Chocolate Chip. This is one of those super-premium brands that's superbly creamy and it's got real chips! Plus the fact that it's the awesome mint green makes it the ultimate mint chocolate chip go-to.

2. Ben and Jerry's Neapolitan Dynamite. This is one of those half and half pints for those of us who can't decide between Cherry Garcia and Chocolate Fudge Brownie. Why choose when you can have both?

1. Oberwies Chocolate Peanut Butter. This has been my favorite flavor of ice cream since I was five years old. It's super smooth chocolate ice cream with real hard smooth peanut butter ribbons (and globs) through out. It is what man was meant to create when we first combined chocolate and peanut butter. And my cone is always gone too soon.

I know my list is rather chocolate heavy, but if I was doing doing a list that excluded chocolate it would be far longer than five. I'll just have to continue testing the product!

1 comment:

kathryn said...

I just got a pint of B&J's Cherry Garcia and a pint of Chocolate Fudge Browning last night. They didn't have Neapolitan Dynamite, but they were on sale, two for $5.

Yes, we are related.