Wednesday, April 2, 2008

I'm in love with a girl...

I am secretly in love with a girl. Her name is Kara Thrace and I’ll get to see her again on Friday night for the first time in more than a year. I first met her and immediately was drawn to her energy, just like all the other really hot men around her. Ours has been a rocky relationship, she even died at one point and I thought my heart was going to break.

She walks that line. You know which one I’m talking about that thin line between genius and disaster. She almost always wins; and when she doesn’t, I’m just as surprised as she is. She is the heart of those around her, but she refuses to acknowledge that she has one for fear that she might get hers broken.

I don’t want to be with Kara, I want to be Kara. That is the beauty of Battlestar Galactica, the greatest show on television right now. My love for Starbuck is not my only love. I’m just like she is; I’m a faithless whore. I love them all: the Chief, Adama, Laura, Baltar, Gaeta, Tigh, Helo, even whiney little Cally. And especially Head-case Six—some day I’ll be able to get inside a guy’s head just like her. And all the rest of them. Except for Apollo. I’m can’t stand his self-righteous assiness.

My love for Starbuck goes so far that I’ve been looking at my DVR all week just to build the anticipation. (I believe in some relationships it's called foreplay)

My love for Starbuck goes so far that I’ve stayed completely spoiler-free. (Relationship experts tell me that this is refered to as the "spice".)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Two more days, baby! (Okay, three for me because I have to watch it online.)