Monday, April 14, 2008

Rememberence of Things Lost

Sadly this is not about the television show.

I have started to play the piano again. It's been a long time. A VERY long time. To be honest, until two years ago, I never thought that one day I wouldn't be able to do something that I could do at one time. It would be easy to say that I'm just as good as I used to be and just muddle through on the songs that I've always known, but that would be a horrible lie. I'm really not that good anymore.

I'm also working on running again. Well not so much the running thing as the walking thing for right now. Doc said last week that I can't really do any running for a while yet. After the first knee surgery, I never really got back into the groove. Now all I want to do is to build back into that runners high again.

I wonder what it will take to become that person again?

No comments: